The Prototyping Lab
The L.I.D. is a lab for rapidly prototyping electronics projects. It is meant for students and the community to be able to walk in with an idea and walk out with a fully functioning prototype.
The L.I.D. is located on the lower level of the PSU Fourth Avenue Building (FAB) at 1900 SW 4th Avenue in room FAB 84-20. Our phone number is 503-725-2879.
If you would like to donate to the lab to help us further our antics and growth please follow this link (As a note we are a 501c3 and your donation is tax deductible!!): Donate Here
Here is the list of equipment and their current status. Sometimes machines break, which will be noted here:
Circuit Board Manufacturing:
Read about all of our equipment and policies on our wiki.
The lab is currently to all PSU students and staff, and to the greater Portland community members by invitation only.
Using the Labs
It’s easy! Here’s what you do:
- Go to our wiki and read the instructions on the equipment you want to use.
- Check the calendar (below) for office hours.
- Come to the lab during those office hours and get trained by an L.I.D. manager on the equipment you want to use. Once you’re trained on a piece of equipment, you can come in during any office hours and use that equipment.
- Once you’ve been trained on ALL the equipment, and you’re willing to volunteer some hours to open the lab, you’re eligible to become an L.I.D. student manager. This gives you 24 hour card key acccess, although it does come with a lot of responsibility. Information on how to proceed here: Becoming a Manager :)
- Do you need to cash out? Do that Here
For more information, please see the wiki.