The EPL is a lab for rapidly prototyping electronics projects. It is meant for students (and eventually community members) to be able to walk in with an idea and CAD files, and walk out with a fully functioning piece of electronics in an enclosure. Watch an introductory video on the lab.
The PSU EPL is located on the lower level of the PSU Fourth Avenue Building (FAB) at 1900 SW 4th Avenue in room FAB 60-10. Our phone number is 503-725-2879.
Using the Lab
It’s easy to use the equipment in this lab. Here’s what you do:
- Go to our wiki and read the instructions on the equipment you want to use.
- Check the calendar (below) for office hours.
- Come to the lab during those office hours and get trained by an EPL manager on the equipment you want to use. Once you’re trained on a piece of equipment, you can come in during any office hours and use that equipment.
- Once you’ve been trained on ALL the equipment, and you’re willing to volunteer some hours to open the lab, you’re eligible to become an EPL student manager. This gives you 24 hour card key acccess, although it does come with a lot of responsibility.
For more information, please see the wiki.
The lab is currently open this summer to all PSU students and staff, and to community members by invitation only.
We hope to move to a new, larger space this summer and be open by this Fall 2014 term, so there will be a period of time, probably in late August, early September, where the lab will be closed during the move.
- Full Spectrum 80w Laser Cutter
- Stratisys Mojo 3D printer (FDM)
- LPKF S63 Printed Circuit Board Router
- Drill Press
- Soldering Equipment
- Hakko Soldering stations with various tips, vaccum and hot air
- Beijing Torch Co. T200N Desk Reflow Oven
- Misc Hand tools
Read about all of our equipment and policies on our wiki.