Ultimaker 3 Extended Setup
Ultimaker 3 Extended Setup
- PLA silver metallic filament (1x)
- PVA “natural” filament (1x)
- Power cable (1x)
- Test print demonstrating dual extrusion
- Ultimaker 3 extended (mostly assembled)
- Accessory box containing:
- Glass build plate (1x)
- Ultimaker “calibration card”
- 24V Power supply
- Glue stick (1x)
- Tube of “Magnalube” (1x)
- #2 Precision hex head screwdriver (1x)
- Print core AA 0.4 (2x)
- Print core BB 0.4 (1x)
- Spool support and filament guide assembly (1x)
- RJ45 Network patch cord (3m)
- Unilube machine oil (1x)
- Verbatim 16GB USB flash drive (1x)
- Gently place the printer on its side and examine case for any
shipping damage or obvious flaws that would necessitate
- Insert the spool holder into the back of the machine and gentlyrotate into place until the locking tabs snap into place.
- Route the NFC cable through the labeled slot in the back of the caseand plug into the labeled port on the control board.
- Install the accompanying cable cover over the NFC cable. Align topof the cover first to the spool holder then gently snap thelocking tabs into place.
- Return the machine to the upright position and remove the packingmaterial from around the build plate area.
- Open the front build plate locking tabs by rotating
away from the center of the build area.
- Remove any fingerprints from the build plate glass using a drymicrofiber cloth.
- Insert build plate glass into the back locking tabs gently pressingon the front edge of the glass to align the glass with the edgesof the build plate heater.
- Rotate the front locking tabs back into their original positions.
- Using a pair of side cutters remove the zip ties holding theprinthead in place.
- Plug the power supply into the back of the machine flatside downwards.
- IT’S ALIVE!!!!!1!
- The printer will guide you through the initial setup process.Controls are very similar to the Ultimaker 2
- Step 1: inserting the printer cores.
- Gently press down on the front facing fan housing to open theprinter core housing.
- Insert the printer core by squeezing together the front plastictabs and sliding the printer core into the desired slot.Firmlypress the core into place until you hear a small click. Themachine will auto detect the printer core being used.
- Step 2: Loading the print material.
- Load the material for print core #2 first.
- Follow a similar material loading procedure to the Ultimaker 2
- Load the spool for print core #1 and attach the guide arm tothe end of the spool holder
- The machine will guide you through the process.
- Step 3: Leveling the build plate
- System > Build plate > Manual Leveling
- Follow directions on the machine to level the build plate andset the Z-offset