LPKF: Maintenance SOPs
LPKF maintenance SOPS
Changing a bit
- Put the used bit in the “bad tool” area or throw it out.
- Close the Lid, check the box next to the tool, and press the “discard tool” to reset durability.
- Email the managers list if we get low on that particular tool.
Maintaining the tool clamp
- Under Help > Help, search for clamp, choose tool clamp maintanence, and watch the video.
- Turn the LPKF and start.
- Edit > Tool Magazine and clear the tool collet of any tool.
- Click on the cross hair to put away any tool in the collet
- The head should end up off the board in back (the “idle” position)
- Squeeze off the plastic depth shroud.
- Use cylindrical collet removal tool to unscrew and remove the collet.
- Use the white cleaning tool to clean out the collet chuck (in the head). Twist it in and out to get in the chuck all the way.
- Under the microscope, use the micro-bottle brush to clean all the gunk out of the collet, both the hole and the slots.
- Clean the white cleaning tool as best you can. Don’t get it wet, just wipe it off.
- Put the tiniest dab of lubricate on the white thingy.
- DO NOT PUT THE LUBRICANT GET ANY WHERE NEAR THE SLITS.
- Dab the lubricant on the outside shoulder of the collet.
- Carefully smooth out the dabs of lubricant on the shoulders into a thin film.
- Put the collet back in, screwing it in finger tight.
- Slip in a tool into the collet, make sure it slides in easily and falls right out. It should be a smooth, mostly frictionless fit.
- You’re good to go!
Changing the tool bar/holder
- Get the Head to the idle position (in the back).
- Unscrew all 10 screws on the top of the tool bar using a Torx 10. You’ll need a 1/4 inch wrench as well, in order to get under the camera.
- Pull the hole thing apart, noting position and orientation (especially of the ramp, which has the tall area on left and low area on right).
- Replace the tool holders. They should be symmetrical.
- Screw it down. Tighten, but do NOT over-tighten, the screws
- Turn on the LPKF and put it into service mode.
- Go to Machining > Service > Setup Machine Dialog
- Choose “Step 5: Teach Tool Holder Positions”.
- It should autofocus and find the first tool holder’s hole.
- Choose “Set Current..of first holder”
- It should go to the last tool holder.
- Choose “Set Current..of last holder”
- It’ll automatically find all 15 tool holder positions.
- Choose “Save and close”
- Choose “Step 6: Check Tool Holder Positions”
- Put in tools in locations 1, 7, 15.
- Try each holder. NOTE that there is no position “0”.