This machine is working fine.
About this Machine
The impact driver is a tool used primiarily for driving screws in and tightening them. They’re similar to hand drills, but they have a high torque and push in the bit as it drills. Due to the high torque, they drill in screws faster than with a hand drill. (TLDR: You use hand drills to drill holes, impact drivers to drive screws in / unscrew things quickly.) An image of the impact driver is below, they’re often shorter than hand drills.
Make sure you aren’t wearing anything flowy, keeping long haired tied up, that nothing could possibly get stuck in your bit as you drill.
How to Get Help
Ask a manager if you have any questions!
Using this Machine
These sections describe the standard usage and common pitfalls.
- To insert a bit, pull the black collet out and then plop the bit in. When you let go of the collet, the bit will tighten. Make sure the bit is tightened and fully centered.
- Make sure that the battery is inserted, it will slot into the bottom of the impact driver.
- The tool will normally be locked. To unlock it, press the black button right above the trigger. The left button will turn the bit counterclockwise, the right button will turn it clockwise.
- Place your bit into the screw head like you would a screwdriver and make sure you’re holding the impact driver straight.
- Drive in your bit, clockwise is screwing it in, counterclockwise is unscrewing it.
- Lock the impact driver.
- Charge the battery if needed.
- Make sure you put everything back where you found it!