BK Precision 8512 600W Programmable DC Electronic Load
About this Machine
This Programmable DC Electronic Load can be used for testing and evaluating a variety of DC power sources. It’s wide operating ranges of up to 500 V and 240 A, flexible operating modes, and excellent measurement accuracy make the BK8512 well suited for characterizing DC Power supplies, DC-DC Converters, batteries, fuel cells, and solar cells.
The loads can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time. Load terminals are isolated and floating. Over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity protection will help protect your valuable prototype and circuits.
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Contains models with wide voltage and current range, 0 to 500 V, 0 to 240 A (5000 W max)
- Built-in transient generator
- Short circuit test
- Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Over-Temperature Protection
- USB to TTL serial converter cables and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput
- Battery testing mode to provide ampere/hour rating of battery (ending voltage level is adjustable)
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal, or software.
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires
DO NOT OPERATE THE INSTRUMENT IN AN EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERE OR IN THE PRESENCE OF FUMES OR FLAMMABLE GASES.
KEEP AWAY FROM LIVE CIRCUITS.
Operating personnel must not remove instrument covers. Component replacement and internal adjustments must be made only by qualified service personnel. Do not replace components with the power cable connected. Under certain conditions, dangerous voltages may exist even with the power cable removed. To avoid injuries always disconnect power, discharge circuits and capacitors, and remove external voltage sources before touching components.
DO NOT SERVICE OR ADJUST ALONE.
How to Get Help
Ask an ETL Manager if you have any questions.
Using this Machine
These sections describe the standard usage and common pitfalls.
Remove all wires and/or testing cables when you are done using this piece of equipment. Please clean up your workstation.