EPL Formal Roles
- EPL administrators
- Final decision making authority and responsibility (Chris, Phillip)
- EPL managers
- Trained on all machines
- 24-hour badge access
- Some decision making abilities
- EPL users
- People who have signed the waiver
- Do not have badge access
- EPL visitors
- People brought into the lab who have not signed a waiver
More About Roles and Promotions
EPL visitors given tours may be escorted through the lab but they may not touch any equipment. Visitors must be kept away from equipment that is in use.
Anybody wishing to use any of the tools or even view tools in operation must sign the “EPL Liability Waiver”, which promotes them to EPL Users. This document will be kept in a secured out-of-room location and a scanned version will be kept on the Google Drive.
EPL users must have training in order to use a tool. This includes
- reading the documentation and SOPs;
- being trained by a lab manager on use of the machine after reading the documentation and SOPs;
- operating the machine at least once under manager supervision;
- and being certified by that manager to use the machine without supervision.
The manager then records that the user has been certified in the spreadsheet on the Google Drive.