Each tool will have an introduction, overview, manual (if available), and detailed SOP on the website. Individuals are required to read and understand tool documentation and get certified by a manager before use. Common sense is expected.
- There will be local safety equipment including
- a commercial first aid kit,
- multiple fire extinguishers,
- and a telephone in the lab.
- Depending on the severity of the injury, users should contact 911, Campus Security, or the EPL administrators.
- In the event of an injury the relevant documentation will be revised and managers may be retrained.
Access to the lab
The EPL has a strict policy that requires administrators or managers to be in the lab when visitors or users are present. At least one manager or administrator must be present at all times, in order for visitors or users to be in the lab.
Administrators and managers may come and go as they please in order to promote creative prototyping. The lab is intended support users with widely varying schedules.
For simple accidents without malice or incompetence, the EPL will be responsible for the repairs.
Users and/or managers who irresponsibly abuse equipment will be asked to personally pay for or competently repair the equipment.