Electronics Prototyping Lab policies (DRAFT)
- Each tool will have an appropriate safety sign highlighting the dangers of that machine.
- Each tool will have an introduction and overview in paper and on the wiki.
- Each tool will have detailed SOPs for use in paper and on the wiki.
- There will be local safety equipment including a commercial first aid kit, multiple fire extinguishers, and a telephone in the lab.
- Depending on the severity of the injury, users should contact 911, Campus Security, or the EPL administrators.
- There will be SOPs for people for getting hurt, including reporting it to the right people and reviewing tools SOPs and training.
Access to the lab
The EPL has a strict policy that requires administrators or managers to be in the lab when visitors or users are present. Users may not be in the lab unattended.
In terms of lab time of use, the desired lab policy will be to allow administrators and managers come and go into the lab as they please in order to promote creative prototyping. It is assumed the facility will support users with widely varying schedules, which would be difficult to cover if access times were too restrictive.
For simple accidents without malice or incompetence, the EPL will be responsible for the repairs.
Users and/or managers who irresponsibly abuse equipment will be asked to personally pay for or competently repair the equipment.