The EPL is a lab for rapidly prototyping electronics projects. It is meant for both students and the community to be able to walk in with an idea and walk out with a fully functioning prototype.
The EPL is located on the lower level of the PSU Fourth Avenue Building (FAB) at 1900 SW 4th Avenue in room FAB 84-20. Our phone number is 503-725-2879.
Please consider donating to the lab to help us further our growth. We are a 501c3 and your donation is tax deductible! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate!
Using the Labs
It’s easy! Here’s what you do:
- View our Lab Equipment and read the instructions on the equipment you want to use.
- Check the calendar (below) for office hours.
- Come to the lab during those office hours and get trained by an EPL manager on the equipment you want to use. Be sure you’ve signed a Liability Waiver! Once you’re trained on a piece of equipment, you can come in during any office hours and use that equipment.
- Pay for parts, materials, and equipment time online.
- Once you’ve been trained on ALL the equipment, and you’re willing to volunteer some hours to open the lab, you’re eligible to become an EPL student manager. This gives you 24 hour card key acccess, although it does come with a lot of responsibility. Information on how to proceed here: Becoming a Manager :)
Read the documentation on our machines, policies, services, and more to learn about the EPL.
- EPL, you must read the specific documentation before being trained on a given piece of equipment
- Environmental Testing Lab
Once a term, industry professionals and lab managers offer single-session workshops on various tools, programs, and techniques. View our Eventbrite page for upcoming events
Here is the list of equipment and its current status. Sometimes machines break. When they do, we’ll be sure to make a note of it here. Click on a machine to jump to its documentation.
Circuit Board Manufacturing
Shop and Hand Tools
The lab is currently open to all PSU students and staff. The lab is also open to the greater Portland community members by invitation only.